Anxiety and fear are normal emotions we all experience from time to time, and low to moderate levels of anxiety motivate us to take action, although exaggerated levels of anxiety and frequent fears can interrupt our quality of life.
From mild worry and rumination to full-blown panic attacks, many forms of anxiety interfere with our ability to get things done, and the ability to enjoy our lives. There are several types of anxiety disorders, including:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD)
- Panic attacks
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder(OCD)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Anxiety is such a common problem and manifests in many different ways.
- Constant worry
- Feeling agitated
- Racing thoughts
- Feeling out of control due to anxiety
- Fatigue/Sleep problems/Lack of sleep
- Lack of appetite
- Avoiding places, things or people
- Panic, fear, and uneasiness
- Stomach aches
- Tense muscles
- Difficulty concentrating
With a gentle support, we can examine how anxiety works, the underlying emotions and root behind the symptom, and how to address and cope through anxiety management, coping, and relaxation skills that you can find your way to less worry, better stress management, and regain your life.